Welcome to the European Lubricating Grease Institute
The ELGI was established in May 1989 and is an independent, self-governing institute, financed solely by members. It is one of a group of scientific and technical institutes active in the field of tribology dealing with lubricating greases and associated products. The institute is involved in all aspects of this product group, particularly those concerning the technical, economic, ecological and legislative positions in Europe.
A number of working groups have been created to deal with important issues in the European grease market. Current topics include Railway Lubricants, Bio-based Greases, Fundamental Research, Food Industry Lubrication, Test Methods, Aerospace Greases, Education & Training and Grease & the Environment, Grease Shelf Life, REACH, Grease Particle Evaluation. Other groups are encouraged and the ELGI facilities are available for such activities.
2022 Working Group Minutes
Minutes of below working group meetings are now available to registered users.
- Minutes (TMWG) Test Methods WG 24th October 2022
- Minutes (FGLWG) Food Grade Lubricants WG 1st May 2022
- Minutes (FGLWG) Food Grade Lubricants WG 24th October 2022
- Minutes (GEP) Grease Particle Evaluation WG 24th October 2022
- Minutes part2 (GEP) Grease Particle Evaluation WG 24th October 2022
- Minutes (BIO) Biobased Greases WG 1st May 2022
Visit ELGI File Database.